On a cold day, there is nothing better than coming inside to warm up with a cup of warm hot chocolate. You could purchase one of those dry drink mixes, but, unfortunately, those are packed full of unnecessary sugar. Homemade crockpot hot chocolate is way more delicious. And best of all, you can keep it warm all day for a cup whenever you need it.
How to Make Crockpot Hot Chocolate
First, assemble all the ingredients, which includes:
- One cup dark chocolate morsels
- One cup heavy cream
- Four cups milk
- A half cup honey
- One tablespoon cinnamon
To make crockpot hot chocolate, just follow these simple steps:
- Place all ingredients into crockpot and stir well.
- Cook on medium heat for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir well and reduce the heat to low to keep warm.
- Serve topped with marshmallows or with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Variations to This Crockpot Hot Chocolate Recipe
There are many different ways you can tweak this crockpot hot chocolate recipe, such as:
- Using milk chocolate morsels for a lighter chocolate flavor.
- Adding a half cup of caramel or peanut butter morsels.
- Switching the milk for water, almond milk or coconut milk.
- Blending one large banana with the milk before adding to the crockpot.
- Adding four cups of coffee for a hot mocha chocolate.
This delicious crockpot hot chocolate is sweet and warming. It’s the perfect treat for those windy fall days and cold winter nights. Since it’s so easy, parents can even let the children be involved in making it, too.